Sustainable Redland and its members have been involved in the creation and the running of a number of activities and initiatives in our area since the group began.
Activities that are ongoing, led by members of our group:
- Whiteladies Road Market – a farmers and fair trading market for our area
- Wild Plant Garden – our Green Capital project to create a wild garden
- Neighbourhood Maps Project – to encourage living locally, especially to reduce use of cars
Activities which the group and its members have helped start, or continue to support:
- Neighbourhood Partnership – local government at a community level
- BS6 Open Streets – helping people in the community organise street events
- Winning Whiteladies Project – an initiative to boost trade in Whiteladies Road and surrounding shopping areas
- Metford Road Community Orchard – a community orchard based in a local allotment
- The Community Farm – a community-owned farm in the Chew Valley
- Open Doors – showing how people have made their homes more eco-resilient
Activities that we have carried out, and learned from, but which have now finished.